Life before the WLS

I thought I had better write about my issues prior to having Vertical Gasrectomy weight loss surgery.

In 2003 I was at my heaviest of 392 pounds. I normally don't have a problem with my weight, but I started to grow concerned. I decided to diet, I had never wanted to diet but decided I better. I went on the Atkins low/no carb diet. Over the course of 8 months I lost 71 pounds. I was feeling better than 392 but still not right. Then I had an oppurtunity to move with the company and moved to Redding, CA. I could never get back on track, over I would say 3-5 months I gained 30ish pounds back.

Then July of 2004 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy/congestive heart failure (CHF). I went on speacial care and meds. Did okay under care but never again was I 100%. I was fatigued a lot and my back and knees were killing me. Of course joints hurting was nothing compared to cardiomyopothy and CHF.

Then May 2005 I had a serious heart problem. Wound up in the hospital for 5 weeks. See August 7, 2005 blog entry for more details.

Lets list problems associated to weight.

Joints hurting and deteriorating
Major Heart issues - Cardiomyopothy and Congestive Heart Failure
Sleep Apnea
Always Fatigued
Kids embarrassed with size of Dad
Had to buy special clothes (5XL in shirts, 50+ in pants)
Well that is life before WLS. We will see what happens over the next few months.

Later.

No comments: