Wifi analyzer for android platform



I needed too see the signal strength of open wifi connections in an area for someone.  So I logged onto my Droid X and immediately went to the android marketplace to search for an app that would help.  I tried four or five and kept going back to Wifi Analyzer by farproc.

It gives you five different ways to analyze a wifi connection.  At first log on it brought me to the channel graph.  Immediately it showed me that a neighbor had put up a new access point and we were on the same channel.  I manually changed my router to a different channel to not conflict with there's.   Almost instantly my network had a new purpose.

Wifi analyzer also shows you open networks nearby.  This will be handy while on the road and need to connect.

A second close was wifi scanner.

Have fun and may there be an open network nearby.



Posted via Blogaway on a Droid X

No comments: